Work With Us!
2S Water is on a mission to protect the world’s water with real-time data. We value and empower our employees to act as independent and responsible individuals who can manage the day to day themselves, but also participate as an important part of a team.
Water quality is difficult problem for many large, worldwide industries. Metal contamination in water can cause increased costs including machinery damage and increased fuel usage, environmental penalties and fines, lost revenue opportunities as well as health issues for workers and the surrounding community.
2S Water is built on a foundation of environmentalism. We are searching for ways we can help some of the most polluting industries do better. It’s in our core DNA, and we’re looking for someone who shares that mission.
If all of this sounds like it might be a match for you, please reach out. Email resumes and cover letters to: [email protected]
Embedded Python Programmer
Looking for someone who loves new challenges, is a creative thinker, and technically skilled with hardware automation to be our Embedded Python Programmer.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and maintain the operating system, utilities and custom automation code for our AquaValid elemental sensor’s embedded systems
- Develop and deploy Python based automation and control systems
- Integration of new hardware into an existing system using a varity of communication methods such as Serial, i2c, RS-232/485 and SPI to control peripherals such as sensors, pumps, valves and high voltage power
- Identifying and addressing system stability problems ahead of time
- Implementing, monitoring and logging systems to alert when a problem is identified within our systems
- Providing support to field staff
Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of Linux, the ability to compile custom kernels
- Experience with cross-compiling tools such as buildroot is an asset
- Experience with scripting tools for automation of operational tasks such as shell scripting and system processes
- Degree or diploma in computer science, engineering or related field would be preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities, tasks and produce results within timelines
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
$90,000-110,000 Annual. Pension and insurance. Paid vacation and sick leave.
Please note that full COVID vaccination is a requirement of all positions at 2S Water Inc.